The famous booklovers’ spot in Saint Gilles, Maison du Livre is hosting the festival for the first time.
The second poetry-reading of Transpoesie 2019 will be a unique evening with five contemporary poets. You shall meet five lyrical voices from Austria, Estonia, Luxembourg, Poland and Romania. Talking about love and creation, connections and commitments, the poets will be:
- Yasmin HAFEDH from Austria is an author, spoken word performer and rapper. In addition to numerous international performances, 4 albums and columns in various literary magazines, the Viennese moves between performativity, literature, music and poetry by means of language.
- the Estonian Jan KAUS is a writer, translator, and essayist. He has published collections of poetry, short stories, miniatures, essays, and six novels. He has written articles and essays about literature as well as on the topics of philosophy, politics, visual art, architecture, theater, film, and music. He plays guitar, keyboard, and bass in the indie band Jan Helsing.
- Paul MATHIEU from Luxembourg has a degree in Romance philology. He is a professor teaching French, Spanish and Latin. Poet, author of plays and short stories, he collaborates or has collaborated with various newspapers and magazines.
- Krystna DĄBROWSKA lives and works in Warsaw, Poland. She is a poet, essayist and translator. In 2013 she won two of the most prestigious Polish literary prizes: the Wisława Szymborska Award and the Kościelski Award. Her poems have been translated into English, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Swedish, Greek, French, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Croatian, Lithuanian, Romanian and Chinese.
- the Romanian Dan COMAN has published four collections of poetry and three novels. He received among others the prize of the Writers' Union in Romania for his debut (2004) and the Poetry Book of the Year Award (2017). He lives in Bistrița where he organizes the International Festival of Poetry and Music “Poetry is in Bistrița”.
For the full program of the festival click here.
>>> Maison du Livre | Rue de Rome 24
>>> 3 October 2019 - 7 PM
>>> Free event upon registration >>>