TRANSPOESIE and MuntPunt have joined forces for the second consecutive year to present to you a great selection of literary talents from across Europe.
Be part of the celebration of diversity of European languages at a unique poetry reading event, with eight poets from different European countries reading in their own languages. Translations of the poems will be projected simultaneously.
Join us in discovering fresh, contemporary poetry from all corners of Europe.
In the spotlight:
- Juanjo OLASAGARRE MENDINUETA from the Basque Country, Spain, studied psychology and returned to poetry after publishing award-winning novels and theatre plays
- Vónbjørt VANG, from the Faroe Islands will raise the spirits with her lyrical prose poems about decline, giving expression to the great light and beauty of death
- Madara GRUNTMANE from Latvia changed her career as a pianist to a successful cultural project manager. She brings to you poetry from her second volume as well, freshly published in 2018
- Tom NISSE, from Luxembourg is active in the organization of various artistic events, collaborates with artists of all disciplines and creates visual poetry, too
- Jakub KORNHAUSER, a Polish poet, essayist and translator is focused on avant-garde literature. Next to being an editor of several periodicals and editorial series, he founded the Centre of Studies of the Avant-Garde at the Jagiellonian University (Kraków)
- Ștefan MANASIA, from Romania, is passionate about cinema, biology, history, the archeology of anxiety and the alchemy of horror. His (meta) poetic credo is: “Man, this mystic bug.”
- the award-winning poet from Slovenia, Stanka HRASTELJ has won the title of Poet Knight in a poetry tournament. She hosts literary readings and is an enthusiastic designer of unique clayware.
- Kaan Murat YANIK from Turkey worked as an editor and consultant in different publishing houses and he produced and delivered programs on culture and art for various television channels.
For the full program of the festival click here.
>>> Muntpunt | Muntplein 6, 1000 Brussels
>>> 4 October 2018 - 8 PM
>>> Free (Voluntary donation)